The objective is to collect pictures for teh Yearbook which is published at the end of the year. The yearbook for 2015-16 will be published in 2016 and therefore the top level directory is YB2016 for this work.
- Download Filezilla from https://filezilla-project.org/download.php
- File->Import from the configuration file emailed.
- File->Site Manager, Select Vidyalaya and click on connect
- to the right of Rmote site: type "/vidyalaya/YB2016/Pending" and hit enter
- You should see the raw files there.
- Event pictures where the faces are not required to be identified, should be captured and uploaded to the Fileserver, under top level directory YB2016 for 2015-16 session.
- Individual and family pictures where the files need to be renamed, require additional support
- One way is to take the family ID and write it on something and click a picture. This allows us to associate following pictures with a family.
- The person taking the picture has the liberty to capture the information in any way as long as final pictures are shared with correct filenaming convention.
- upload raw pictures in "pending" directory under top level directory.
The finished/final files are saved in Portraits directory under top level directory (/vidyalaya/YB2016/Portraits). There are 4 sub-directories under it.
- Family Here we save raw pictures and share them with family. no cropping is required for family pictures. The picture should be renamed to family id.
- Fathers Cropped 1000x1000 picture should be saved with family id. no dashes no extra characters. Only the family id.
- Mothers Cropped 1000x1000 picture should be saved with family id. no dashes no extra characters. Only the family id.
- Students Cropped 1000x1000 picture should be saved with Student id. no dashes no extra characters. Only the Student id.
- This applies to individual pictures only
- We need a picture that is cropped to a square.
- The cropped picture should focus on the face and shoulders, with the face center aligned.
- The size should be 1000x1000 jpeg file
Notes for Umesh
- cd ~/pictures
- lftp -e 'set ftp:ssl-allow no;mirror YB2016/Portraits ; bye' -u vidyalaya,password ftp://ftp.vidyalaya.us
- cd Portraits
- for i in $(find . -type f -print); do j=../60x60/$i; if [ ! -f $j ] ; then convert -resize 60 $i $j; fi; done
- for i in $(find . -type f -print); do j=../60x60/$i; if [ $i -nt $j ] ; then echo $i; convert -resize 60 $i $j; fi; done
Before 2015-16 Session
- Decide on the dates by checking with photography volunteers (Anoli Patel, Chitra Rochlani). At least 2 Sundays are needed.
- Check with Language Class Coordinator to see if these dates will work
- A week before the date, announce the event in the newsletter and have the language coordinator inform language teachers
- Before D-Day, Print out Student rosters with Last Name, First Name, Parent's names, Language Class, Culture class
- Print out Volunteer/Parents roster with Last Name, First Name for all volunteers/parents
- Print out map of the school with the class assignments - these are used by volunteers to bring students from the classes
- Arrange for 2 volunteers to help the photographers in filling out the student portrait picture#s on the rosters.
- Arrange for 2 volunteers to bring the students from the classes and to keep the hopper full
- On D-day, Find the spot for photo shoot and set it up so that it is all ready before 10 AM on D-day.
- Bring students from language classes in order. Student Portraits are taken from 10 to 11 AM primarily
- Encourage Volunteers to get their pictures taken after 11 AM to minimize student wait time
- Photographers to take at least 2 pictures for each portrait.
- The backdrops and photo shoot settings for both photographers to be kept identical since the pictures get printed side by side in year book and should look similar.
- Hand over filled roster sheets to Publications lead. Photographers usually provide Pictures on a CD a couple days later.